Effective Date: November 21, 2014
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us, including personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address and payment information (credit card numbers and banking accounts). “Personal information” is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. For example, we collect your personal information when:
- you place an order;
- you return or exchange our products;
- you register for an account on the Service; and
- you participate in Alps & Meters promotions or surveys, including when you submit your email address to receive promotional emails from us.
If you purchase a product through the Service, we will ask you to provide certain personal information to process your order, including your name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, as well as payment card information. We use this personal information for billing purposes and to fulfill your purchases. If we have trouble processing your purchase, we will also use this information to contact you. Your payment card information and billing address information is collected and stored by our third-party payment processors, Stripe, Inc. (“Stripe”) and PayPal, Inc. (“PayPal”) and not by Alps & Meters. Stripe’s and PayPal’s use of this information is governed by their respective privacy policies, available at http://stripe.com/us/privacy and http://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy practices and policies of Stripe, PayPal or other third parties.
If you contact us by email through the Service or otherwise submit your email to the Service, we may also keep a record of your contact information and correspondence. We reserve the right to use any personal information that you provide to us to respond to you and to add you to our email list to receive marketing materials for our own products and services. When you create an account with Alps & Meters, you will also be given the option to be added to our email list. Whether or not you select this option, your personal information will never be sold to anyone. Subscriptions to the email list can be cancelled at any time. To be removed from our email list, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and the email address in the message, or click the unsubscribe button found at the bottom of the emails we send you.
Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect certain information about you and your use of the Service, such as anonymous usage data, demographic information, and preferences that are generated based on your use of the Service. For example, when you interact with the Site, we may track information provided to us by your browser, such as your internet protocol address, internet service provider, the website you came from, the type of browser you use, your operating system, the time and date of access, the webpages of the Site you viewed, and the time you spent on the site. We track this information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”) and cookies, which are small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier (“Cookies”). Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a site. We may combine this information with other information we collect about you and use it to improve the Service, tailor our communications with you, and analyze use of the Service.
As you navigate the Site, your preferences are remembered through the temporary use of “session” Cookies, which expire when you close your browser.
We and our third party service providers (including but not limited to advertising and analytics companies such as Google Analytics) may place Cookies [and clear gifs] on your computer to collect information such as the IP addresses of our visitors’ computers, the state and zip code from which our visitors come, what search engine referred you to the Website, what pages of the Website you visited, what products you browsed and purchased, and whether you came to the Site via a banner ad or email. These service providers including Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on the service provider’s behalf. We do not authorize any of these service providers to use the information they collect for any purpose other than to provide their services for us, but we cannot assure you that they will comply with our requirements.
Site users have the option to accept or disable Cookies at any time through their browsers. If you choose to disable your Cookies, your user experience may be limited. The Site does not currently recognize browser “do not track” signals.
Other Uses of Your Information
In addition to the uses described above, Alps & Meters will use your information to:
- manage your account and send you administrative updates, notices and alerts;
- monitor and analyze use of the Service by users;
- process and deliver promotions, contests and related rewards;
- send you any necessary e-mail messages related to your order, such as order and shipping confirmations;
- facilitate and improve your shopping experience and use of the Service;
- conduct analysis of Site use and traffic patterns to help us improve the design of the Site and Service, the products we provide and services we offer.
2. INFORMATION SHARING WITH THIRD PARTIES
We do not sell, license, lease or otherwise disclose your personal information to any unaffiliated third party except as described below:
- In order to administer or process a transaction, product or the services provided by us;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulation or legal process;
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud or security issues;
- To help us improve our Service, to engage another businesses to help us to carry out certain functions such as account processing, fulfillment, member service, member satisfaction surveys, analytics or other data collection activities relevant to our business.
- To protect the rights, property, safety and security of Alps & Meters and its employees, our website visitors, and/or the public.
- If we sell Alps & Meters or any part of its assets, or Alps & Meters enters into a joint venture or other business transaction with another business entity, we may disclose and/or transfer your information, including your personal information, to our new business partners or owners.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot be reasonably used to identify you.
3. AGE REQUIREMENT
Alpsandmeters.com is intended for users who are under younger than 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any personal information to us.
We take reasonable precautions and abide by, at minimum, standard industry practices to assist us in protecting your personal information and payment card data. These safeguards help us to prevent fraud and unauthorized access as well as maintain data accuracy.
5. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
6.CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION OR DELETING YOUR ACCOUNT
If your information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Site or our Service, you may correct, update, delete your information or deactivate your account by logging into your account and modifying your information, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.USERS FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
9. QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at email@example.com